Wednesday, January 7, 2009

caramel at heart

an old friend of my sweetheart's family recently sent me her flan recipe. every time she visits my in-laws she either brings a flan, or makes one on the premises. my sweetheart loves flan, and so i asked her to give us the recipe.

english is not her first language, however... and spanish is not mine. so, i asked my husband to translate it for me. he was doing his homework, so he simply directed me to the babelfish website and this is how the translation came out:

I VARY THE AMOUNTS OF SUGAR MAINLY. THE BEST THING IS TO BEGIN FOLLOWING THE PRESCRIPTION AND TO BE VARYING IF YOU LIKES LESS CANDY, WITH LESS EGG, ETC.

4 MILK GLASSES
1 SUGAR GLASS
6 EGGS
THE SKIN OF A LEMON OR AN ORANGE.

MILK IS PUT TO BOIL WITH THE SKIN OF THE CITRUS. IN THE CONTAINER WHERE WE ARE GOING TO DO THE FLAN WE PUT ONE OR TWO SPOONFULS OF SUGAR WE WARMED UP AND IT MOVING IT WITH CARE, UNTIL ONE BECOMES CARAMEL OF THE CONTAINER AT HEART. THIS IS NECESSARY TO MAKE IT WITH WELL-TAKEN CARE OF NOT BURNING ITSELF WHEN DOING IT. IN PARALLEL BAT IN A BOWL THE SUGAR AND THE EGGS. WHEN MILK HAS BOILED, IT IS GOTTEN UP, CLEARING THE SKIN OF THE ORANGE OR THE LEMON, AND IT IS MIXED WELL. ONE LIES DOWN TO THE CONTAINER WITH CARE, AND THIS MARIA IS PLACED TO THE BATH: HOT WATER IN A PACKAGE IN WHICH THE FLANERA FITS. IT IS PLACED WITHIN THE FURNACE, PREVIOUSLY WARMED UP TO 350 DEGREES DURING 35 MINUTES.

ALSO IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE ADDED WHEN BEATING EGGS AND THE SUGAR, ANY TYPE OF FRUIT KIWI, RAISINS, PEACH… ANY TYPE OF FRUIT IS VERY PLEASANT.

ALTHOUGH IT SEEMS COMPLICATED, IS VERY SIMPLE TO DO. ONLY IT IS NECESSARY JUST A LITTLE BIT OF PRACTICES. I WOULD ADVISE THAT YOU BEGAN MAKING A FLAN WITH HALF OF AMOUNTS, 2 MILK GLASSES, SUGAR AVERAGE, 3 EGGS…




it's a cold and rainy day here, and so my goal for the day is to warm myself up and keep myself moving with care until i too become caramel at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment