Tuesday, February 3, 2009

random

I've been tagged, and tagged, and tagged again... I've been tagged so many times now that I feel a certain responsibility to pony-up with 25 random things about me that people may or may not know or find interesting.

plus, I'm procrastinating and this will distract me from what i really should be doing for some time.... so, thank you.

***

25 Random things about me...

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. Then you're supposed to tag 25 people to do the same. But I'm not going to do that.


***

1. I don't really consider myself to be terribly athletic, but i find myself drawn to endurance sports.
2. My greatest weakness is cheese.
3. I met my husband online (and still have a hard time saying those words out loud when asked how we met).
4. Even though I used to get annoyed by her tagging along when we were little, my sister is my best friend.
5. I'm getting "crafty" in my old age, but kind of old fashioned crafty. Learning to knit and bake bread, that sort of thing...
6. My most affectionate friend in the USA (aside from my husband) is a three legged dog named Bailey.
7. Even though most people who know me don't believe it, I have always been painfully shy... I've just gotten better and better at hiding it.
8. I have never owned a motorized vehicle (car/truck/scooter/motorbike).
9. I love the taste of coffee, but I can't drink it too often as it makes me go kind of squirrelly (agitated, scatter-brained, fidgety, etc).
10. My favourite article of clothing is the orange scarf that I bought with my friend Christoforos in a funky little coffee shop/boutique in Paris.
11. I"m a little bit afraid of drowning.
12. Without my contact lenses, I cannot focus on anything more than a couple inches past the end of my own nose.
13. I have five brothers and one sister.
14. I am an Aries. People who know about these things say that I most certainly am an Aries.. I don't really know what that means.
15. I've tried haggis (more than once!), and liked it.
16. I am fascinated by bees and bee-keeping. I think I'm going to give it a try some day when I own land.
17. I know how to make a comet, and a volcano... in my kitchen. And on purpose.
18. My prize possession is a tattered and slightly moldy copy of Dennis Lee's "Alligator Pie" given to me by my grandparents for my fifth birthday.
19. My favourite flavour of ice cream is Tiger (which is a delightful combination of black licorice and orange)
20. I feel most alive in the mountains. But it seems I am a bit of a mountain snob, as the mountains within driving range from me now don't seem to appease my mountain cravings.
21. In the past I have dyed my hair red, blue, and blonde. Now that I have a few grey hairs showing through, I am tempted to dye it again, but don't know what colour to choose.
22. My husband is a Sci-Fi movie geek... And he loves kung-fu movies too. I never would have imagined it possible, but I am learning to like them too.
23. No matter how many times I try it, I just don't like beer.
24. I love my nephews to distraction, and am looking forward to the day when I have kids of my own.
25. I'm glad this is done now.

1 comment:

  1. And one time you thought that God could talk through a red phone.

    ReplyDelete