but i'm also quite knackered... it's surprising how exhausting it can be to sit and pay attention and think about new things all day.
so i'll give you a little teaser... a preview, so to speak.
- HH the Dalai Lama laughs at his own jokes... a lot. And he tells a lot of jokes.
- Recent research has shown that structural changes in the brain can be seen with as little as three months of consistent meditation practice.
- The most basic element necessary for humans to flourish is happiness... this raises the question as to whether current measurement of national success are even relevant... ie what does Gross National Product really say about our success? We'd be better off measuring Gross National Happiness. (how do you think we'd score on that survey??)
- By age 2, the children of bad parenting suffer irrevocable damage to their cognitive development, even if their home life situation is altered and their physical development recovers.
- The tradition of giving white silk scarves is a fairly recent one, and HH the Dalai Lama explained it thus: the tradition of a host giving scarves to honour his/her guests comes from India... the softness of the silk represents kindness, the white represents purity of heart... the silk comes from China... the length of the scarf represents longevity... and I can't remember all the rest of the details.